Friday, February 04, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that the bill currently before the Texas Legislature containing a provision for all school disticts to begin no earlier than the day after Labor Day is a great idea. Currently, the our district starts on August 12 which really shrinks up summer since all the extracurricular stuff starts two weeks before that.
...the local State Department warnings regarding Juarez (and the gang-related killings there) will create all sorts of buzz among the parents in our student ministry, so we'll have to do our research.
...my shaving cream, Edge Gel, refers to it's new formula as "the ultimate shave." It felt like Hall's mentholyptus on my face this morning. I'm thinking the ultimate shave would involve a pre-shave breakfast of steak and eggs, ESPN's Sports Center in HDTV, and that I'd better not reveal too much more about what my ultimate shave might entail.
...my expectations of adult's spiritual growth is too high, and my expectation of teenager's spiritual growth is too low.
...television is really the opiate of the masses, not religion. That may never change as it's habitual within our culture.
...the NHL lockout is missed most at this time of year, between football and baseball season.
...the high school coach in today's paper who adamantly denied that ANY of his football players were taking steroids based on "personal interviews" with his players needs to seriously have his head examined. Teenagers lie, and you can test for steroid use (ummm, coach, 9 of them admitted to it). According to a few of my teenagers involved in athletics, steriod use is prevalent in our area. Of course, they could be lying.
...after much soul-searching, I am convinced I am not the reason for or the contributor to some of the problems I'm being blamed for.
...some things that need to be said are the hardest to articulate.
...that I'm still peaved at the Texas Rangers for removing their free Winter Carnival (where you could take your kid, tour the stadium, go see players and coaches interviews, run the bases, etc.) last year for making the same event available only if your purchase at least a "mini ticket plan" (starting at $50 or so). It's tomorrow and unless hell freezes over, I'm not even considering it. Even if that happens, I doubt I'll go.
...Puxatawny Phil giving us 6 more weeks of winter by seeing his shadow hardly phases us in Texas. It's going to be high 60's today, so six more weeks of this kind of winter here will be a blessing.
...I'm still "in it" and not sure how to get "out of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home