Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

I'm off to vote today...

"Simply put, much political discourse has grown absurd. Not just exaggerated or offensive, but meaningless.

Whether it's President Bush's numerous verbal infelicities, John Kerry's labyrinthine evasions of his own positions, any third-party candidate's quixotic pronouncements or the Crossfire chattering heads blathering away, never in my memory have Americans been subjected to such inane babble about so many vital issues."--Brian Cook, from a Dallas Morning News Viewpoint.

I cannot, for the life of me, remember a time that I felt so alienated from the process or the people who make up the process.

I am thankful for America. I am thankful that I can vote. And I will vote my conscience.

I only wish that it wasn't a power game driven by money. If I were choosing between philosopher/statesmen such as those who wrote the Constitution, my conscience would feel better when I leave the booth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home