Monday, November 01, 2004

Is it November already?

Stuff that was cool about the last weekend of October:

My friends Wes and Lizzie got married, and I was a part of the ceremony. Sometimes you really don't realize how much you love two people until they're standing in front of you, asking you to be a part of God's will for their lives. I still get very emotional at weddings (and it seems to be getting worse with age) even when I'm "working" during them. This one was particularly emotional for me because of how far they've grown in the Lord and we've all ministered together. Those are two things that are guaranteed get me emotional...and how then how happy I am for them...well...I almost lost it.

Auburn played their worst game of the season and still won by 21 points. The Cowboys played their best game of the season and won by 10.

Our middle school ministry had 60 kids raise money for a local charity by getting pledges and walking 5 miles. We fed over 40 families for the holidays. Did I mention that their small group leaders, who are high school students, spearheaded the effort?

We had a small Sunday School class due to the trick or treating. I like smaller groups as we can actually have more interaction. And it's funny to me that 40 kids in a class is now something I consider "small."

Watching my wife work is cool. I love it when I'm surrounded by people who are excellent at what they do, and my wife is really excellent at what she does. I know the pictures she took will be fabulous.

My daughters had a low-stress, high fun weekend. That's always nice.

My co-worker Neil, who has this grandfatherly wisdom thing happening, celebrated his 10th year on our church staff and his 40th wedding anniversary Sunday (and, the fact that he got his bride to marry him on Halloween says more than you know about them as a couple...they're hysterical). Some things are worthy of much more than a reception and tea, and that's one of them, although the reception/tea was a really good one and well-attended.

My friend Nathan had his bachelor party, and even though I didn't get to go, I'm really starting to get excited for him and Kimberly...they get married next Saturday, and it'll be nice to enjoy one without having to "work."

I keep trying to figure out how come I live such a charmed life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home