Tuesday, October 26, 2004

From Prince Caspian

I've been reading The Chronicles of Narnia with my daughter Shelby. If you've never read these, you're really missing out. C.S. Lewis has moments that fit every believer's place at times, and he caught my current place with these words from book 4 of the series

"'Now child,' said Aslan, when they had left the trees behind them, 'I will wait here. Go and wake the others and tell them to follow. If they will not, then you at least must follow me alone.'

It is a terrible thing to have to wake four people, all older than yourself and all very tired for the purpose of telling them something they probably won't believe adn making them do something they certainly won't like.

'I musn't think about it, I must just do it,' thought Lucy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home