Monday, October 18, 2004

My New Monday Routine

I've told you before that the Saturday morning breakfasts I used to have with my daughters have evolved into Monday morning coffee's for a myriad of reasons: There's no such thing as my daughters ordering anything off the kid breakfast menu, their schedules on the weekend, my off day being Monday and I'm usually around, etc.

Well, that's changed my whole day-off routine. So, I've decided to start off this new routine by doing more substantial reading earlier (because my peak times for creativity are definitely before lunch; after lunch is a walking nap until about 3PM) and possibly writing more than this ridiculous blog on Mondays.

Here's a few quotes I've come across in my reading today that I thought would get your motors revving:

"It is not what a man does that determines whether his work is sacred or secular, it is why he does it. The motive is everything."--A.W. Tozer

"Following the teachings of Christ almost always requires us to buck the status quo or prevailing ideas and trends in some form."--Ted Dekker (Nathan, I think this should be on our newest t-shirt)

"Frankly, the closest thing our culture has to a trinitarian God is crazy ideas, naked people and cheap beer."--Mark Driscoll

"What's the good in me getting up to lead worship at church wearing a pair of sneakers that were manufactured through the exploitation of workers."--Matt Redmon

And, just FYI, all these quotes came from this month's Relevant Magazine. Next time you're waiting in an airport, instead of Time or People, plunk down the $4 ($6 in Canada). You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home