Thursday, October 14, 2004

Blindsided

Okay, so yesterday I had an enjoyable day at work as much of it was spent thinking about eternal things. I mean, I had a meeting with my supervisor in which we talked about our spiritual life. I had our monthly lunch meeting with area youth pastors where we just get together and pray for each other's lives and ministry (no schedules, no planning, etc.). I had staff Bible study and prayer meeting. I spent time in the Word in preparation for my junior/senior guys Bible study.

It was all very "eternity" focused. Very nice.

And, then I was asked to step into my senior pastor's office where he asked me to preach the Sunday he will be on a short-term mission trip in three weeks.

All that eternity focus went right out the window, dear readers.

I mean, it's one thing to give a sort of senior tribute in the spring, it's another to pop up there randomly in November for a one-shot-and-out deal. So, here's what I need from you:

First, what am I going to preach on (he's doing a series on James, and didn't want me to continue that series...he'll pick it up where he left off when he gets back). Really. I'm looking for suggestions on topic and/or text.

Secondly, should I get Amy and Steve-O to lead worship for me that week and if so, what songs?

You could really help me out here, folks. I'm a little numb from getting smacked on the side of the head by this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home