Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Have Fun Searching The Infinite Abyss

Sorry, Kristen, I went to the movie yesterday...and not that it justifies my actions, but Grapevine Mills mall was completely packed. So I wasn't alone in my entertainment requiring others to work on Labor Day. Apparently, all the cool kids were doing it. I know. I know. If all your friends jumped off a bridge...

Anyway, Garden State was a very good movie. Generally, I'm given to idiotic comedies and while this one had funny moments, it really had a lot of different angles that could be discussed.

The main character was a bit actor from LA returning home for his mother's funeral. He hadn't been home to New Jersey in 9 years.

Let's see. We could talk about how going home is hard (and what, exactly, defines "home"); We could talk about difficult relationships with parents; we could talk about the nature of friendships from high school; we could talk about the bigger questions of life and exploring the abyss; we could even talk about getting rich by having The Man buy your patent for silent velcro.

Very provocative movie. What do you want me to blog about regarding it? I've got too many different angles to approach it from. Help me narrow it down, would ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home