Thursday, February 07, 2008

I Got Tagged

My friend Lauren tagged me and I'm supposed to list a few things that I "love." I get the gist of what the question's asking and hope you understand that I reserve the word "love" for more meaningful things--but here's a list of things I really enjoy/dig:

* When your spouse gives you that look.
* Watching your kids be who they're supposed to be...and liking the interesting people they're becoming.
* A fire in the fireplace burning "real" wood.
* Reading the morning newspaper from any city I'm currently in. This is enhanced by a good cup of coffee & quiet environs.
* A good dog to hang out with.
* Spaghetti & pizza.
* The spontaneous laughter with my wife and children when it appeared not much was going on in our house.
* The introductory sounds of a song by Nirvana, Social Distortion, Stavesacre or Pearl Jam when you're in the exact mood to hear them.
* The anticipation of the morning you know you're going snow skiing and the mountain just got 5 inches of powder overnight. Eating breakfast in the lodge and loading your gear onto the outside ski racks on the busses with that feeling of excitement it a pure life moment.
* Opening Day for the major league home team for the same kind of feeling all morning.
* Browsing in a really good bookstore with a few bucks in your pocket.
* Knowing you're getting a really good gift for someone and they didn't ask for that particular thing...and wanting them to open it right then.
* Teaching in a classroom setting. It's always fun for me to walk through my subject matter and see where my student's thoughts are going.
* 65 degrees, gentle breeze, good book, good dog, my hammock.
* The beach at night. Not during the day, but definitely at night.
* A really good movie comedy no matter how silly or stupid. If it gives belly laughs I couldn't care less.
* Having a car that starts pretty much every time you turn the key, an air conditioner that works and the interior doesn't have rips in it.
* That feeling I get when it becomes apparent the Auburn football team has just ensured a win for the Tigers.

Now, I'm not going to tag anyone, largely because everybody I'd tag has already been tagged, but feel free to get in on this if you want to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home