Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Proud Dad Alert........Alert

Last night, Kid2 danced in a production of The Nutcracker in Fort Worth.

Yes.

I know she is incredibly disciplined in her approach to ballet.
I know she dedicates a tremendous amount to time and energy working on her dream.
I know she has a inherent love for ballet.
I know she is developing and maximizing her talents...which others who know such things tell us she has.

Yes.

I've seen her in The Nutcracker before like lots of dads who have ballerinas have. In those roles where they start as angels and cherubs and become party girls and hope to become Clara one day and eventually a polichenelle...and, if they stick with it long enough they try to get roles in the 2nd act.

The 2nd act is where the ones who are incredibly discipline in their approach to ballet try to get to.
The 2nd act is where the ones who dedicate a tremendous amount of time and energy working on their dream try to get to.
The 2nd act is where those that have an inherent love of the ballet try to get to.
The 2nd act is where those that are developing and maximizing their talents try to get to.

Well...

...Kid2 got to it last night in Fort Worth.

She was Dew Drop.

And...

...literally...

...watching her last night as Dew Drop in Fort Worth...

...I got chills up my spine.

Sometimes your kids amaze you.

I use the word "amaze" measuredly.

And last night Kid2 amazed me.

Oh yes...

there will be pictures.

And video if I can get it soon enough.

I'm just warning you ahead of time that in a day or two you'll all be getting a full-fledged Proud Dad Alert. This is simply a heads-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home