Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just Asking, Part 2

Almost a year ago, our church decided to change the nature of our evening services. Just try something different.

So, we did. We changed the way we arranged chairs. We changed worship style a bit. We experimented with lighting. We did the Lord's Supper in different (and traditional) ways. Since our church is pretty set on the sermons being the same, we left those "as is." We did change the nature of Sunday School classes in the evening, too--not having any (except for children) classes during the service itself, and having them all in the 2nd hour after the service.

And now we're evaluating our "hits & misses." We did some things well. We didn't execute others like we'd hoped.

But what I'd like to hear from you is what you think about 5 O'Clock Worship at CBC...

...like...

...if you don't come, why don't you come?

...if you do come, what are the things you've liked?

...if you do come, what are some things you'd like to see or maybe see us execute better or more effectively?

...if you come to that service, do you stay for the 2nd hour? What is going on in the 2nd hour that you like? If you don't stay, why not? If you don't stay, is there a class or activity we could offer that would be a reason for you to stay?

...and then any and all comments, positive and negative, would be welcomed.

And, keep in mind we've heard all sorts of things. My favorite one was, "My family and I loved every single thing about 5 O'Clock Worship...except that it was at 5 O'Clock on Sunday evening. That's when we're getting ready to start our upcoming week and that's our downtime."

I've heard that it's too dark when we cover the windows. I've heard that we don't darken the windows enough.
I've heard that we don't offer enough in the 2nd hour for adults. I've heard that people didn't know we had classes the 2nd hour.
I've heard that folks love communion around the tables. I've heard they didn't like that as much as when we do it by passing trays.
I've heard people like the speakers to be on the floor. I've heard they don't like the arrangement of chairs.
I've heard that they enjoy the fact that kids & toddlers are welcome in the room. I've heard kids & toddlers are too much of a distraction.

I tell you all that to say I'm asking for feedback and it won't hurt to be negative if that's your experience or pereception...and the positives are always fun, too.

And, if you don't feel comfortable with doing so in the "comments," feel free to e-mail me. My address is Brent@crossroadsbible.org.

I really do want to hear from you on this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home