Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Is it me or is the annual Halloween parade getting smaller?

I hauled off and purchased two bags of candy from the fine folks at Nestle, effectively marketed in something called a "Boo Bag." Of course, I didn't realize how expensive the bags were until the college kid at Target ran them over the scanner...

...but, hey...

...who wants to be known as the cheapskate house in the neighborhood who gave out pencils or cheap candy or political leaflets or Bible tracts? So, I just acted all big time and overpaid for the Boo Bags. So, now I have 7 lbs. of candy ready for the Trick-or-Treaters tonight.

When we first moved here, I would've wondered if that was enough.

Now, I think the McKinney's will be enjoying one-and-a-half Boo Bags of the good stuff because I acted all big time and overpaid.

Is it because nobody trusts their neighbors anymore?

Is it because local churches all seem to have some sort of Fall Festival or something organized & fun for kids?

Is it because parents are taking their kids to the ritzy neighborhoods in our community for better & higher priced Boo Bags?

I dunno, but whatever the reason, I'm planning on corralling Lloyd (who has little understanding of much of anything but certainly no grasp of Halloween), watching the Stars game after Pushing Daisies, and then eating some good stuff out of the Boo Bags...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home