Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just Asking, Part 1

So the in-laws are coming into town for Thanksgiving. I like them. They're nice people. And, they'll be getting the added bonus of watching Kid2 in her ballet presentation of The Nutcracker. So, they'll have a blast. Guaranteed.

But here's the thing:

They've been to Dallas several times since we moved here and, well...they've done most of the good restaurants and shopping and sightseeing.

So, for Tuesday & Wednesday (and maybe Thursday) I'm asking the patronage for fun or interesting things to do while they're here next week. Of course, The Guide comes out on Friday and maybe I can get some ideas from that. But you guys might know the good shows or exhibits or hidden treasures that are out there beyond the obvious...

An easy one is the professional sports. They've seen baseball here, but never have been to an NHL or NFL game. The Stars are in town next Wednesday and the Cowboys play the Packers on Thursday. So, if you know of anybody who works for a company that has tickets that will go unused because folks are out of town for the holiday, we can put them to good use. I'm only talking about tickets that don't cost patrons anything and aren't going to be used anyway. I mean, I'm a grownup. I can always buy the tickets on Stubhub if I want...so I don't want tickets that cost patrons any money. Use those for yourselves or whatevert. I'm only talking about those lonely tickets sitting in a drawer than nobody else wants.

But that's just professional sports and they'd really only be going because we had tickets. I can't say they're big fans of any professional teams (I know if you have any Auburn vs. Alabama tickets for Saturday, they'd take those and leave early). However, what I'm really after is help you can give me to find some relatively inexpensive and interesting/fun stuff going on in or around Big D next week.

So, what's going on in Big D next week, folks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home