Saturday, November 03, 2007

Writing Update

I'd like to thank everybody who encouraged me with phone calls, text messages, e-mails and pats on the back as I started off book writing.

Unfortunately, thus far...

...it's been a disaster of sorts. Writer's block has struck with a vengeance. My most creative times of day have been pushed back because of higher priorities. Peak writing quietness has been interrupted by family normalcy. Then the "I need to get away from it" phase hit and I busied myself with something else. Three times thus far.

I'm not "feeling" it yet. I'd hoped to get off to a quick start and get well into the project before the frustrations came. And I expected frustrations to hit at some point. You know, like when you train for a marathon and the day comes, you know that those shins will start hurting at some point or the blister on your toe or chafing would happen. You just didn't know when they'd happen.

But this is like waking up the morning of the big race and having an upset stomach. You've got to fight through it because it's time to run...but the day isn't going to go as you'd planned.

But I have a month. Well, 27 days now.

Keep those phone calls...

...text messages...

...e-mails...

and pats on the back coming, folks.

This didn't start of well by any stretch of the imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home