Thursday, October 25, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that early-morning joggers should stay on the sidewalks (not the streets) and wear better reflective clothing. Blue work-out clothes are difficult to see, folks.
...that the Colorado Rockies got a rude introduction to the World Series with their very first WS pitch being blasted out of the park. Of course, I think Rangers fans would be happy if that ever happened to them.
...that if you like to read and would be willing to review it, if you click on Craig Groeschel's blog link on the left, he'll give you a free copy of his upcoming book.
...that I need to decide soon if I'm taking part in the National Novel Writer's Month project. The problem is that I don't write novels. Really, I don't actually write much of anything. I just have ideas rattling around in my brain.
...that a comment I read on Bob Hyatt's blog (link on left), where I think he was quoting someone else saying, "I'm too Christian for the world but don't seem Christian enough for most Christians" resonated with me a lot.
...that Dr. Suess was correct when he said that "Unslumping yourself is not easily done."
...that teaching the Bible is still something that excites me to no end, whether it's over coffee, in a small group, or in more formal, larger settings. I guess I'll keep doing it as long as others seem to be willing to listen.
...somebody asked me what I missed most since getting out of youth ministry and it didn't take long to answer: Me being the first call/office visit/house visit of a teenager wanting to share great news.
...somebody asked me what I missed least since getting out of youth ministry and it took a while to answer, but I got it: the recovery day from an overnight lock-in.
...the contrasting images of wildfire escapees at San Diego's football stadium getting massages and choosing which restaurant to eat in against the Katrina escapees at the Superdome two years ago are staggering.
...that there isn't one political candidate for president that excites me right now, and I'm really trying to find one, folks.
...yesterday I read a study that found that there are roughly 95 million people in the U.S. between ages 19-41, that 60 million say that they've made a commitment to Jesus that is still important, but only 3 million of them have a consistent, Biblical worldview. That's 1 in 20, folks. 9 million who are older than that possess a Biblical worldview, but it's only 1 in 10 due to a larger population. Well, I guess it's good to be professionally entrenched in what can only be called an "untapped market with growth potential." Hellooooo job security! I guess all those books in retail stores and Christian radio and Christian television aren't getting the job done after all. Hmmm. Who woulda thunk it?
... a play here, a play there, and my Auburn Tigers could be 8-0. Of course, a play here, a play there, and they could be 2-6. I guess they're right were they should be at 5-3, but their depth chart reveals only 1 senior starter on defense and 3 on offense. The future looks quite bright.
...that I'm not sure why blogging updates and commenting seems to have slowed a bit lately.
...that whoever borrowed my Caddyshack and Say Anything DVD's better return them pronto!
...that I have former students who text message me random quotes from the movies Bottle Rocket, Anchorman, and oddly, Blades of Glory about once a week. These people are now grown-ups I discipled 10 years ago, folks...but I can't tell you how funny that is to me. I wonder if they think it's funny that I text them back with ones of my own.
...that the discussion of what to do with the Trinity Park stuff in Dallas gives me such tired head. If your concern is really breaking up rush-hour traffic, here's an idea: Put the money into a public transportation system that works.
...that it's time to change-up my workout routine.
...that I need to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home