Monday, August 06, 2007

Shaking Out The Notebook...

Diet: Week #1 of the diet is complete. It's amazing how simple counting calories is (you can go do calorieking.com and get exact amounts--even from restaurants) and how much better I'm feeling after only one week of watching what I eat and exercising.

Blogging: Still waiting to hear from the patrons regarding what they might like for me to stroll through devotionally here at The Diner. Nothing's jumped out at me just yet.

Inadequacy: For some reason, I'm feeling like I've been a part of a lot more "losses" than "wins" at my job lately. I know. I know. God's in control of the results and He works in His time frame and planting seeds and blah blah blah. But it's still odd when you don't see much spiritual growth among those you're spending the most amount of time with. Occupational hazard and it will pass, but it's still something I wrestle with.

Smash & Grab: There was a car break-in in our church parking lot yesterday. Let's all be careful out there, kids.

Rangers: Just completed a 2-7 road trip, but for some reason the decision to get a two-month look at those young players like Botts and Byrd to see if they can be long term solutions has piqued my interest. Sure, they've been out of the pennant race since mid-May, but I'm kind of excited when the underdogs get their shot.

Cars: We're in this strange stage where a confluence of vehicle registrations are due, oil change mileage seems to be rolling over at the same time, and service times are coming up, too. Insert diatribe for public transportation here.

CBC Pastor Search: For those that have questions or comments about our church's pastor search...or comments on likes/dislikes from the candidate's sermon/visits yesterday, please please please contact an elder by e-mail or phone or go to the website and contact someboby. Anybody. Me. Whatever. Just remember that silence sometimes is percieved as agreement. Oh, yeah. And pray. It's a pretty important decision, you know.

Auburn football: I've been checking on-line and keeping up with their fall training camp. No matter how you slice it, it looks like 8-4 and a Peach Bowl bid. There's hope, though. Tommy Tuberville (AU's coach) always seems to rise up when it's unexpected and enjoys coming out of nowhere to have good seasons, so we'll see.

Reading: I haven't read anything out of a book in a week that wasn't work-related. Weird for me. I don't know if it's that I'm not excited about the books in my stack or because of so much going on or so much energy burned on Bourne & The Simpsons. But it's weird to see my reading slowed so much.

Rachel Ray's Influence: Kid1 has taken up the habit of cooking based on what she's seeing on cable cooking shows. About every two weeks she'll cook up stuff in the kitchen and we'll have an around-the-table meal just for her. She's going to do it today and I'm already pretty excited to see what's coming up. She tries to keep it relatively secret, which is part of the fun.

Extracurricular/Curricular Issues: In less than a month, we'll have Kid1 going to downtown Dallas every day for school and Kid2 bouncing off to Fort Worth every day for ballet. Our location is uniquely positioned to be equidistant for both...but those distances are about 30 miles each way, each day. Lots to figure out regarding logistics, man. Lots to figure out.

Well...those are the short bursts rattling around in my brain at the moment.

Mood ring color today: BRONZE, which means...
...JITTERS,
...ANTICIPATION,
& RESTLESS THOUGHTS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home