Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Hard Getting Motivated On July 3...

...but I've got a full day of meetings & appointments.

And the whole "middle of the week" thing for this particular holiday throws off my groove. I like the idea of a three day weekend somewhere in there and this doesn't do it for me. I mean, it usually works out for me really well because I have Mondays off and can take my "Monday" on the next Tuesday, which gives me three days to get into the weekly groove.

But I was off yesterday.

I'll work today.

I'll be off tomorrow...

...and then only have two days of the work week. Not that I don't enjoy only working 3 days this week, I'd just like for my off days to be together and my work days to be together. My groove works better that way.

And another thing: My town usually has this fireworks get-together at a local ranch. They have hot dogs and games for the kids and our town takes picnic blankets and lawn chairs and the traffic is terrible and it's way too crowded but it's pretty enjoyable bumping into friends and such. The fireworks are usually pretty good, too.

But this year they moved it to the local high school's football stadium.

Now, I don't know the rationale behind it. Maybe the town abused the ranch so much they didn't want to host it anymore. Maybe the town thought the ranch was too small and not enough parking. Maybe there were some safety concerns because people park along the busy road to watch the fireworks (not actually entering the ranch). Maybe the bus company decided not to work it. Maybe it's saving money.

Maybe it'll be even better there...but I don't see how. It seems like it's trying to make everything expedient and neat & clean. Like I said, I'd be surprised if there weren't a logical explanation.

But today it all just seems weird.

My groove's just off kilter already today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home