Thursday, June 28, 2007

I've Got Tickets...

...to the local minor league baseball game scheduled for tonight.

It's kind of like a bonus because yesterday's game was rained out so they're starting a double-header at 5PM, and since they only play 7-innings for minor league double-headers I get 14 innings when I was only getting 9.

But lemme paint the picture for you:



Our church has had not one, but two picnics rained out this month. We finally had to have it indoors just to get it done.

And last night our student ministry had group tickets to go see Evan Almighty and didn't get to go because a storm knocked out the power for an hour and the manager said that it'd take another hour once it came back on to let the other movies finish and then start them up again.

And the Dallas area has had 16 days of rain, nearly tripling the average rainfall for the month and coming VERY close to setting the all-time record for the month. It's already rained at my house this morning, and there is a chance of rain/storms all day around here. In fact, for the next five days. And, I have to say it: I'm pretty stoked about this...and pulling hard for us to break the record. I know some of you think this is sick and twisted, but I say no more sick and twisted than the nutsos on the radio who start hoping we break the records for consecutive days over 100 degrees.

No matter. I really don't think I'll be getting any bonus baseball tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home