Friday, June 29, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that no matter how much Cingular told me there'd be no drop in service quality when they merged with AT&T, I have experienced the opposite. With Cingular, I can't think of a time when a call was dropped (even when I was in Holland). Now, I lose one a day if not more.
...that it's pretty cool when one of your kids watches some cooking show on some cooking channel, writes stuff down, and then says you have to be home for dinner tonight at 7PM because she's doing all the cooking.
...that everybody knows that iPhone's unveiling today will give us all something to ooh and ahh over. Everybody also knows that Apple will have some kinks to work out which will take a few months and they'll also have price decreases as they offer other versions later. So, why do people want to rush out and get one today when a better, cheaper version will be out by Christmas?
...a website decided to list the "most annoying songs ever." I cannot believe the 80's songs "Mickey" and "99 Luftballoons" didn't make it.
...lemme get this straight: 11 concerts. $20 million per Spice Girl (making $100 million guaranteed). Were they ever really that popular? Who's going to see those shows?
...I'd like to think that Paris Hilton's newfound philanthropic leanings are a genuine result of her jail-term soul searching ("Don't serve the time, let the time serve you") but the cynic in me sees it as her trying to rebuild her image. Which, now that I think about it, is really why she's famous, so I guess she'd better do what she's gotta do.
...that I know curriculum development is called that because you're developing it, but it gets annoying when you come up with a teaching idea in the middle of the process and know that something you did and moved on from now fits better earlier in the course. Dangit.
...I'm still not tired of the rain. I know it's causing some flooding and such, but in my little burb, it's only soggy. And I'll take soggy and overcast in a Texas summer over the only other option out there: 77 days of 100 degree temps.
...I appreciate Michael Moore's use of the 1st Amendment, but isn't his documentary expose thing played out by now?
...Tracy and I have a unique relationship with the "Die Hard" movie series in that they were on our movie channels. The first one was in heavy rotation when Tracy would have trouble sleeping when pregnant with Kid1. The second was in heavy rotation when Tracy would have trouble sleeping when pregnant with Kid2. I wonder what's in store for us in 2010, what with the release of "Live Free or Die Hard" this week.
...Some people are into the Civil War stuff. Some are into WWII. Some the Revolutionary War. So, why do I get all these strange looks when people ask me what I'm reading and it's a very important historical work on the assasination of JFK (Tracy says it looks like I'm reading a dictionary)? Especially since we live in Dallas and all the frames of reference are very familiar to us?
...that I can't understand why blogging, both writing and commenting, slows down in the summer months.
...that I'd better get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home