Sunday, April 29, 2007

It Ain't Rocket Science

I don't think I need to "discover eight critical strategies successful people apply in the face of adversity."
I don't think I need to become "a spiritual champion."
I don't think I need "inspirational promises."
I don't think I need "insight into developing a lifestyle of success and spiritual greatness."
I don't think I need to give my 2007 graduating seniors a gift of an "encouraging and inspiring 64-page gift book" with a keychain with a "key verse" on it.
I don't think I need my days referred to as a "gift of 24 little hours."
I don't think I need secrets to "unleashing power."
I don't think I need to have any "secret breakthrough techniques" to enhance my walk.
I don't think I need a pastor's signature on a new edition of his book for an additional fee.
I don't think I need a list of "psychological studies that affirm what Scripture has taught for ages."
I don't think I need a CD with audio samples which will "bring the Bible to life."
I don't think I need a "new cover and fresh updates."
I don't think I need to "re-discover a masculine heart."
I don't think I need an "upbeat and intriguing gift book."
I don't think I need a pre-packaged questionnaire that will "lead me to a discovery of my spiritual gift."
I don't think I need a "six session DVD study to avoid becoming a 'Desperate Housewife.'"
I don't think I need a paperback book that will tell me everything "I want in a woman."
I don't think I can "affair-proof" a marriage.
I don't think I can "transform a child into a spiritual champion."
I don't think I need "oustanding thoughts of encouragement & hope."
I don't think I need a "one-minute Bible."
I don't think I need to live life with a "grande passion" and a "latte" cute puns.

I don't think I need to go into Christian bookstores anymore.

I think I need Christ.
I think I need grace.
I think I need His abudant life living through me.
I think I need to abide in Him.
I think I need to abide in His Word.
I think I need to take up my cross daily.

I think I need to get my arms around a relationship with Him.

I feel far afield from my fellow Tribesmen & Tribeswomen today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home