Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Wonder...

...what would happen if The Tribe Known As Christians attended services with the idea that it was about community rather than "what I'm getting."
...what our church services and educational opportunities would look like if that were the case.
...what would happen if a little town in East Alabama actually won the National Championship in college football.
...what would happen if I pretty much didn't live financially pretty much month-to-month.
...what would happen if I ever felt like I had "gotten back into shape."
...what would happen if I really did finish the book and got nothing but rejection letters from publishers (it's bad enough getting them from magazine article submission queries).
...what would happen if our family just dropped out of extracurricular stuff.
...what would happen if I actually took all my allotted vacation time, sick days and off days.
...what would happen if I had season tickets to the Rangers baseball games.
...what would happen if I published what I write in private journals on my public blog.
...what would happen if I read all the books that were currently in my stack.
...what would happen if we had a national "dinner hour" where everybody had to eat a meal with people they cared about every day, and all businesses and everything just shut down for that hour.
...what would happen if we turned off our mobile phones. Just stopped using them.
...what would happen if the U.S. government stopped exploring outer space and used all that brain-power and finincial resources toward alternative energy sources.
...what would happen if we had to pay for the shows we watch instead of having a monthly cable bill. Watch the nightly news? A quarter. Watch "Friends" re-runs? A quarter. Watch the NBC hour-long drama? A dollar. Stuff like that.
...what would happen if I stopped blogging.
...what would happen if the world got back to writing letters and sending them by "snail mail."
...what would happen if my wife or daughters got kinda famous for their art.
...what would happen if I got another black lab.
...what would happen if parents let their kids play sports because they're fun instead of trying to win or get scholarships. They'd let them play for keeps once they hit high school, but everything before that was to discover if you liked it or just for fun.
...what would happen if GPA's and class ranks weren't given to students until AFTER they graduated, except the valedictorian & salutatorian could know in enough time to prepare a speech.
...what would happen if presidential campaigns were all done in written formats (like newspapers & websites) with NO video at all.
...what would happen if I decided to do eat breakfast instead of type this blog entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home