Thursday, March 01, 2007

Just A Random Thought

I caught bits and pieces of The Oscars' broadcast last Sunday. I'm a big fan of movies so I like to see if my favorites win anything.

And they seemed to be patting themselves on the back big-time regarding environmental issues--they even had Leonardo DiCaprio & Al Gore on the stage to talk about how this year, The Oscars had "gone green." You know, taken little steps here and there to buy necessary products from enviro-friendly companies and using recyclables wherever possible. Good for them. I like being responsible no matter how small the gesture, and I'm glad they raised awareness. Go Free Speech!

But a thought did cross my mind: How come all the stars didn't take public transportation? Or at least rent three or four enviro-friendly busses and then more or less "carpool," and then they could've gotten off one at a time for their red carpet moment. Apparently, doing little things to save the environment isn't nearly as important when you have a date with the paparazzi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home