Saturday, November 11, 2006

Poor Choice...Almost

Sorry I'm blogging so late today...decided to have a lazy morning and sleep in. Woke up in time to join the Auburn DFW Alumni Club to watch the traditional rivalry game against Georgia. Kid1 came with me...and we were joined by another AU family that goes to my church.

Auburn wasn't even close today...losing big, 37-15 (and, frankly, it could've been 51 pretty easily). On top of that, a waitress called in sick so the service, which is always dicey with a sports grill full of people anyway, was a bit, ahem, slow.

So, no food. Empty drinks. Tigers getting whipped. Dangit...looks like a Peach Bowl or Outback Bowl. Maybe Cotton for those of us Dallas dwellers...which I'd actually kind of like now that we won't win the SEC championship.

But, the ride home, and the spiritual conversation that ensued in a very spontaneous way with Kid1, well, now I'm glad I went.

Even if the Tigers got whipped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home