Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Still Don't Know What To Do About It

It's the weekend.

Mine started immediately after work on Friday: Pick up kid from school, get her to hair appointment, leave for wedding rehearsal. Dinner with said daughter after the wedding rehearsal, which was at about 8:30.

Saturday began by dropping off kid2 at the carpool meeting location. Off to the newcomer's meeting at the church. Came home & changed, went to perform the wedding ceremony. Wife and kid1 shopped.

Then, a movie and dinner. We decided to go to one of our favorite places, Tin Star. It's at a mall we don't go to very often because traffic is a nightmare. We were having a good time and laughing and such...first time we've all had a Saturday night free in a while.

I overheard a lady with her family say, "I hope it rains big-time tomorrow. It wouldn't bother me at all if all your soccer games were rained out so we could just have a lazy Sunday." They all chimed in with a variance of "yeah...me, too."

It's a tired discussion on this blog, and I tired discussion in all our lives. I rarely speak with anyone who disagrees that our community is overscheduled and tired and all that jazz.

But I don't see it changing any time soon.

And I don't have any idea as to what can be done about it.

I can tell you this: Our family enjoyed our night out together, even if "Man of the Year" was just an average "dramedy." I'll take 'em when I can get 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home