Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just A Few Quick Hits

...Kevin and Britney didn't make it. And man, if there was one superstar couple I thought would've...

...some of the students in my ministry accomplished quite a feat yesterday: They won a state title in the marching band competition for the state of Texas. I don't care how you dissect that, it's quite an accompishment and speaks to excellence when you can win a state championship in a state this size in the "large school" classification (most high schools in this division have 3,000 or so students...maybe more). Congratulations to all you guys!

...if there's a television viewing experience that gives me more tired-head than election night election coverage, I've never found it. I'd rather watch a TLC marathon of Trading Spaces than be subjected to "races too close to call right now" and a series of bond issue updates and concession speeches. I care about those things, but I'd rather read the results in a paper or on-line than watch some journalist at a campaign headquarters telling me what's going on with about a million different tallies with little check marks on them scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

...if the Stars' power-play doesn't improve, this losing streak will certainly continue.

...if you're not checking out Pastor Bill & Pastor Mike's blogs (linked at left) you're missing out. Bill's on a very creative series regarding his thought processes on why he became a believer (or why he rejected other philosophies) and Mike's been very transparent as of late--which is dicey because he's preaching for November and all. Probably worth reading if you haven't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home