Thursday, November 09, 2006

What Do You Do?

I have a LOT to do.

I mean, a LOT.

And I get to my desk and just don't have the juice today. No fire. No creativity. No real passion. It's just a temporary thing and I'm sure it happens to everybody. I mean, I had the fire, creativity, & passion on Tuesday. Got stuff done yesterday, too. Just don't feel like doing what I need to do. I'm even sure I will. I just don't want to, I guess.

When this would happen in college, I'd clean the room. Or do some laundry. Maybe take a break and go shoot hoops at the student activities building. Run the car wash. Mundane stuff like that.

I pretty much do that at work, too, just that the tasks are different. You know, return a phone call or two that aren't urgent. Go through the "in box" of papers and get them to who they need to go to. File some lessons in the right manilla file folders. Return e-mails. Mundane stuff like that.

It usually gets the snowball going downhill and eventually gets the necessary tasks done.

So, for me, I think it's clearing the mountain of mundane that frees up my brain to think creatively on the more meaningful tasks that gets me going.

What do you do when you have LOTS of stuff to do and don't have the juice to do that stuff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home