Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Group Effort

Folks have been after me.

Nice folks, too. But they've been hounding me. They think it's cute, I guess. Make no mistake. They mean well when they hound me.

"Write the book."
"When are you going to write that book?"
"Stop talking about it and write the book!"

So, now I'm going to get after you so you can know what it feels like.

Today, we're going to write a short story together. I'll start it and you guys add to it in the comments. The only rule is that you can't ignore any of the previous comments and you have to pick up where the previous commenter left off (unless of course, they comment in some way that isn't a part of the story to tell me how silly this idea is).

Ready? Here you go:

I really wasn't looking forward to the class reunion. I mean, I'd changed. They'd changed. What did we have in common other than classes and common experiences 20 years ago? But I'd go. I felt obligated in some strange way.

I parked the car.
I picked up my name tag with my goofy senior photo on it and put it on.
And then it happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home