Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jane, Get Me Off This Crazy Thing

I'm tired of this waiting.
I'm tired of Texas' over-stating.

I'm tired of grinding my teeth and sleepless nights.
I'm tired of not taking up the most necessary of fights.

I'm tired of talking about It.
I'm tired of clothes that don't fit.

I'm tired of warp speed.
I'm tired of needing a Thnead.

I'm tired of fast food.
I'm tired of not coming unglued.

I'm tired of my teams losing.
I'm tired of my ego's black and bluesing.

I'm tired of the first few months of not having parents.
I'm tired of paying to fix the fence and other folks's snap judgments.

I'm tired of the grass growing.
I'm tired of the State Fair's Marilyn Monroe-ing.

I'm tired of explaining what I know I didn't say.
I'm tired of trying stay above the fray.

I'm tired of all the necessary meetings.
I'm tired of forced exchanges and greetings.

I'm tired of over-priced & over-hyped coffee.
I'm tired of Narcissus as my reality.

I'm tired of my closet neurosis.
I'm tired of trying to figure out how it all came to this.

I'm tired of my lack of creativity.
I'm tired of losing the pieces of the mantle Nativity.

I'm tired of dusting the knick-knacks on my idea shelf.
I'm tired of the book not writing itself.

I'm tired of 783 channels of garbage on my television.
I'm tired on my hand shaking before the first incision.

I'm tired of reading books that could've been so much better.
I'm tired of my nation being described as a debtor.

I'm tired of biting my tongue.
I'm tired of the continuing influence of Carl Jung.

I'm tired of the same old bands.
I'm tired of digging in for goal-line stands.

I'm tired of the wildebeast of blogging.
I'm tired of not getting my feets going jogging.

I'm tired of homogeneity and vanilla.
I'm tired of sponteneity and my envelopes being manilla.

I'm tired of government and personal bureaucracy.
I'm tired of grading papers but not having the key.

I'm tired of all the waiting on others.
I'm tired of not having my own real, live Band of Brothers.

I'm tired of 10 minutes it takes to shave my face.
I'm tired of adding folks that aren't really friends to MySpace.

I'm tired of ideas I don't buy but somehow like renting.
I'm tired of this line and I'm now tired of venting.


AFTERWORD:
Please don't load me down with comments worrying about my state of mental health or lecturing me on my lack of faith or anything like that. I just hammered this out on the back of a napkin while waiting at the DMV yesterday. I was bored and just rhyme scheming, so everybody relax, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home