Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stuff I Like That Most People Don't

Bratwurst smothered in onions with spicy mustard.
Rain. Especially when it's misty and dreary.
Punk rock.
Arrested Development (the television show).
Reading.
Baseball (and the playoffs started yesterday...GO ANYBODY-THAT-ISN'T-THE-YANKEES!).
Rave/Techno.
The Bible.
Stupid (and I mean stupid) movie comedies.
Flipping through a newspaper front to back--preferably when no one else has read it yet. And is there anything more annoying that having to gather all the sections in, say, a dentist's offic?
Blogs rather than MySpace.
Staying home.
Listening to excellent sermons from all over the country on the iPod.
"Literature."
Mississippi Delta blues--acoustic or electric.
Chess--even though I'm not very good at it.
Listening to sporting events on the radio.
Disc golf--but I haven't been able to play much lately despite a good course a block from my house.
Affordable & practical cars.
Hockey.
My chair in the living room.
Shih Tzu's (as a breed--everybody that meets my dog Lloyd likes him, but most people don't like them).
Big cities rather than more remote areas for vacation.
Local "dives" with good food rather than trendy restaurants.
Chock Full O' Nuts brand coffee (I've all of a sudden been surrounded by coffee snobs).
Watching college football all day on Saturdays--a rarity over the last few years, that's for sure.
Having daughters instead of sons. I never wanted boys for some reason.

So, what do you like that most people don't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home