Saturday, September 30, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I didn't realize how many people I realize check in on The Diner until this week when a plethora of folks called, e-mailed or commented when I didn't make a new entry for a week.
...those commercials for Vonage where the plain, dorky guy dumps the supermodel girlfriend in the Lambourghini (or the girl who mistakes dolphins for sharks and wants to go swimming) and the tag line about "not being stupid" are pretty funny.
...that my church is filled with amazing people who've been so concerned about our staff and our well-being. Is it bad that I'm not surprised by that?
...that my DVR actually helps out with television discipline. Not only do I watch pretty much only what I intended to watch (rather than just channel surfing while waiting between shows) but I also watch them in less time.
...I still don't get the Bed & Breakfast subculture AT ALL.
...that my reading has been slowed to a book a month. I feel stupider.
...sometimes it's good to just sit in a room with your dog at your feet and a good book close by. A good cup of coffee can also enhance that reality.
...that it's a shame Arrested Development didn't get more viewers because it's one of the funniest television shows I've ever seen.
...my yard needs mowing and I think I'm going to let it go for two more days. I just don't have the juice.
...my daughter is going to a homecoming dance tonight with a pack of friends (they started getting ready for a 7:45 departure at 2PM). On one hand I'm excited for her. On the other, I feel like a whole new set of experiences is starting for me. I'm betting she's going to be the prettiest girl there, though.
...that the old illustration regarding sin is true: That when you're on the ledge you are in control of all your steps. The minute you take the first step off that ledge you'll lose control of the rest of your steps.
...that last statement is an understatement if you have a front row seat.
...that I'm sorry if my lack of blogging in the last week caused anyone any unnecessary concern. I really was just too tired to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home