Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So Much Music, So Little Time

So, yesterday, I did this little blog game about books...just answering a few questions about my favorite books and things like that. Today I thought I'd do the same thing except with music. You know, like CD's (or albums for those of you born before 1980, cassette tapes for those of you born before 1965, and 8-track for everybody else) and stuff.

And, yes, I'll tag a few of you at the end. That's how it works.

1. One CD that, when you heard it, really affected your entire musical tastes.

Rocket to Russia by the Ramones. Let's just say that in the late 70's, I started making my musical tastes my own instead of the influences of parents and what not...and this loud & aggressive stuff (with surprisingly catchy hooks the Ramones would later become known for) was perfect for a kid eating his anger.

2. One CD you could listen to and never get tired of:

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

3. One CD Box Set you'd want on a desert island:

Led Zeppelin. Four disks of perfection, if you're asking me.

4. The CD you'd choose to listen to when you're doing chores/yardwork/housework:

Actually, I listen to sermons on CD in all those situations. It's rarely music

5. The CD you listen to when you're having a pity party:

Garden State Soundtrack by various artists, including the Shins and Coldplay.

6. The group you have the most CD's of:

Lost and Found. I have all their stuff. Same for Nirvana. I have everything they've ever published.

7. One CD that you wish had never purchased:

Live Bootleg by Rez Band. My youth pastor tried to get me into Christian music before Christian music was any good. At the time, it was awful. I listened to it again about a year ago and it was even worse. I appreciate what Rez Band did in playing (well, trying to play) hard rock before Christians could do that but man, it was bad.

8. The CD in your car's player right now

Pearl Jam by Pearl Jam.

9. One CD you've been meaning to purchase and haven't yet:

Any greatest hits/box set by Aerosmith. I have zero in my collection and I'm kinda missing it.

10. Now tag five people:

Nathan.
Mike & Katie.
Steve-O.
Bailey.
Lori.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home