Sunday, August 13, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'm surprised by my emotional fragility these days. I think the stresses and strains of the last few months are catching up with me.
...that our church family is getting VERY good at doing life together, if the fun they have a wedding receptions is any indication.
...it isn't too much trouble to throw away trash after a movie. How come so much trash is left just sitting in the aisles or below seats or in cupholders?
...that I have a really good idea for teaching my Sunday School class tonight and can only hope that I can do the idea justice.
...that watching tattoos heal is kind of gross.
...that text messaging or any other use of a cell phone during a movie is distracting above and beyond most other normal movie distractions.
...that I don't know what Craig meant by having someone he wants me to meet at church tonight, but I'm guessing it's a girl, and I'm guessing she'll be sharp, and I'm guessing they're an item--the only question is the degree of seriousness of that item.
...people in church leadership better start taking the "Emergent discussion" more seriously than they are, and the rank and file of church families better be prepared to figure out what adjustments their comfy with or both will find themselves marginalized and irrelevant. Think Western Europe if you need to know what that means.
...the Sunday funnies are generally not as good as the ones that run on weekdays.
...that the Auburn football team has been given it's death blow: A high national ranking. The prediction of Auburn being #6 this year usually means an 8-3 or 7-4 disappointment. We do better when we start around #20 and coming off an 8-3 or 7-4 disappointment.
...that school starts tomorrow for our local school district, and I've got a freshman in high school. I'm not old enough to be the parent of a high schooler.
...that as difficult as my 2006 has been, it's been more difficult for my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly. The first year of marriage is supposed to be more fun.
...that going to a predictable teen movie with your daughters, eating Reese's Pieces and Spree's, on a rainy afternoon after the lawn is mowed is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon.
...the local community has a hot-air balloon show that lasts all weekend, and it's always nice on the Sunday morning of it to see the balloons over the lake with the early morning sun lighting them up. You can see them from most anywhere in our town.
...I still believe what I said about the Rangers failing to make the playoffs. Don't buy into this temporary success against the Mariners when the Angels and Tigers loom on the horizon, folks.
...my reading pace has slowed since my return from Holland. I think it has more to do with a readily available television than anything else.
...I miss Holland.
...Lots to do today, so I'd better get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home