Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's Just Too Soon, If You Can Believe That

There's a movie opening today: World Trade Center.

I'm sure it'll be well done. Even the reviews from the guy in the paper (who NEVER gives "A's") gave it an "A." I'm sure it'll have tragic moments. I'm sure it'll have moments of bravery. I'm sure it'll show us the best and worst of human nature.

But, with all apologies to Hollywood and the fine folks who own movie houses:

I won't see it.

Like "Flight 93," a movie about the events of 9/11/2001 is simply too much for me. I mean, it's five years later. I guess I should be ready to see a movie about that day.

But I'm not.

I'm just not.

Even if I can't exactly put my finger on "why" I'm not.

I'm just not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home