Friday, August 04, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'm glad the plumbing problem appears to be solved. Apparently, the folks who owned the house before knew a rogue plumber who had little regard for codes and common sense. But things look good for now. (*fingers crossed*)
...that Jerry Seinfeld was right when he did the bit about how the person you are in the morning hates the person you are at night. Last night was, "Hey kiddo, wanna go to the midnight opening of Ricky Bobby?" This morning it was, "Crud. Gotta go to work."
...Tom Petty's new album is aptly titled: Highway Companion. After one listen, it sounds like it'd be the perfect long-trip CD.
...there's a lot of really bad books out there and I'm currently reading a lot of them because they get mailed to me as part of a membership that includes music and books for twenty-somethings.
...the Rangers are showing a little life.
...that heat seems to be following me. When I was in Holland it was the hottest summer in 300 years, and it thunderstormed for two days after we left. Now that I'm back here we "only" need 14 days in August over 100 to get into the top-10 list of summer heat wave days over 100. They don't think we'll get any rain in August, either so drought is in full-force. Texans seem proud of this.
...Oklahoma's quarterback is further evidence that being an athletic hero is no guarantee of character or success. And I have no idea why parents think that sports "build" character. They don't. They reveal it.
...we decided to home school my youngest daughter. It goes against all my normal thought processes and expectations, but it's the most loving thing we can do for her and still give her a shot at her dream of becoming a prima ballerina.
...I enjoy having three artists in the house: a photographer, a painter and a ballerina. I'm no artist but even if I were I'd be bringing the team down.
...my oldest daughter went to "fish camp" yesterday. That's what they call the orientation for incoming freshmen and they get their schedules and buy yearbooks and all that jazz. I'll be honest: Tracy and I are too young to have a high-schooler.
...going to an all-you-can-eat Chinese food buffet an hour before they close is a bad idea.
...we're getting quotes on the willow. We should have it cut down in a week or two, and it made my wife make a frowny face when I said that out loud.
...everything in my life right now costs $1,000. Except songs on iTunes...which I purchased 10 old punk songs I liked and the previously mentioned Tom Petty CD. It's been a long summer and I view the purchases as being for "medicinal purposes."
...I'm so far behind and out-of-the-loop at work I imagine I'll have paralysis just from looking at the stack of stuff in my inbox.
...With that in mind, I should at least go in and shuffle papers now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home