Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time

The blogging community will do this from time to time: They'll play a game of "tag" by answering some questions from a blog prompt and then "tagging" others they'd like to see answer the same question. Happened to me, and this is one of the good ones...largely because I love to read. And, for the sake of interest, I'll avoid using "the Bible" as any of my answers even though it'd be true. The hard part is just sharing ONE book for each category!

1. One book that changed your life:

True Spirituality by Francis A. Schaeffer. I couldn't have been influenced more by one writer or book if I'd tried. It showed me that there are valid reasons for beig a follower of Christ and you didn't have to check your brain at the door to walk with Him.

2. One book that you've read more than once:

Men at Work: The Craft of Baseball by George Will. In fact, I read it every year during spring break to get ready for the baseball season.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey. An excellent read that I don't think I'd ever get tired of.

4. One book that made you laugh:

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I could've listed all of his books here, though. He's great.

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]:

Into Thin Air by John Krakauer. It's the story of an Everest team and disaster struck. I can't imagine the pain that group went through and still experiences.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

Strawman: Legalists and Their Silly Attempts to Live Law Instead of Grace, and To Make Others Do So, Too.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

Mein Kampf by Adolph Hitler. For obvious reasons.

8. One book you're currently reading:

The Indwelling Life of Christ by Major Ian Thomas. An excellent read, too.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Simply Christian by N.T. Wright. My friend Mikey really likes it.

10. Now tag five people:

Nathan.
Tim.
Deb.
Bill.
Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home