Wednesday, June 21, 2006

25 Things I Want To Do (stolen idea from the blog prompt web site)

I want to see a baseball game in every Major League Park.

I want to get my doctorate.

I want to write a book or two or three or four.

I want to use my vacation days and off-days every year.

I want to re-decorate the house--inside and landscaping.

I want to get a tattoo.

I want to learn to cook 14 complete meals and do them all well.

I want to train for and finish a half-marathon.

I want to lose about 15 more pounds...maybe 20.

I want to be a better husband and father.

I want to be an agent of change within the evangelical subculture (which may work hand-in-hand with getting the doctorate and writing books)--both locally and globally.

I want to eat better.

I want to find my old baseball card collection...which, in today's dollars, might be valued at around $15,000.

I want to find a few more mission trip locations to take my teens on.

I want to play the guitar MUCH better and maybe write some songs.

I want to see my wife get big-time recognition for her talent & work.

I want my daughters to travel the path the God has for them and nothing beyond that (and I want the grace to let that happen).

I want to get another dog eventually...probably another Shih-Tzu, but Black Labs are fantastic.

I want to visit New York City more often than I do.

I want to live to see bullet trains all over the U.S. like there are in China and Japan.

I want church folks to understand how much pastor's families sacrifice so that we can do what we do and do it well.

I want to have more energy to read than I have lately (I haven't finished a book in two weeks and I feel mentally sluggish).

I want to have more friends my own age...but I gotta say my friends who happen to be students or former students are pretty darn good ones.

I want 2006 to go away faster than it is.

I want to live more abundantly in the truest sense of that word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home