Thursday, September 15, 2005

To Quote Wally Exactly, Here's Some Stuff That I Like

My friend Becca does this little thing on her blog when she's having a blah day where she justs starts listing stuff she likes. Smart girl, that Becca.

Here's some stuff I like...

...Becca.
...standing in a parking lot talking to a couple of teenagers after the rest have all gone home.
...laying in my hammock.
...Stavesacre. Any song. Loud.
...listening to the audio "radio calls" highlights after an Auburn win on the Internet.
...flipping through old photo albums.
...the quiet of the early morning, reading the Word devotionally from The Message.
...the first cup of coffee.
...reading the daily miracle that is a newspaper, when you have time to go cover-to-cover with it.
...weddings of former teens I know well who've chosen well.
...watching my current group of senior guys be so engaged in what we're studying.
...my dog Lloyd and how he always is so excited when we come in, even if we've only been gone for 10 minutes.
...when my wife doesn't let go after I thought the hug was over.
...watching the look of intensity on Shelby's face when seriously working on dance moves for ballet, followed by the smile of self-satisfaction when she nails it.
...watching Kelsey standing on 2nd base and trying not to smile after she rocks a fast-pitch softball with more "pop" in her bat than I ever had.
...my hammock and a good book.
...when rabble-rousing and free-thinking is celebrated, or maybe that should read "when the status quo is challenged" the right way.
...Dumb & Dumber, Zoolander, Bottle Rocket and Raising Arizona.
...Gilligan's Island & The Brady Bunch.
...Calvin & Hobbes.
...my iPod, which is such a brilliant invention, and I'm sure it'll be even cooler when I use it to it's full capability.
...when my wife chooses a picture for her studio (which used to be our dining room) because I know she knows she's a good artist who happens to take pictures.

There. I feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home