Monday, September 12, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that sometimes the coolest answers to prayer actually require that you spend more time in prayer dealing with the answer to the prayer.
...Monday morning coffees with my daughters, even though I'm exhausted, are highly enjoyable and easily worthwhile.
...I'm excited my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly has a three-hour layover at DFW today and I'll get to see her for an hour or so.
...that those helping out with the hurricane evacuees in our area are moving from "crisis" phase to "long term care" phase and this is going to be some of the most significant (and most difficult) help.
...that the 9/11 remembrances were surprisingly low-key. I wonder if the NFL and MLB shouldn't take the day off. Of course, we don't do much for December 7 anymore either, but that was almost 70 years ago.
...I'm amazed at how the Christian community dislikes rabble-rousers, whether they agree with them or not.
...how does Auburn win 28-0 and drop out of the polls? College football's "rankings" are a complete sham.
...my church better get serious about technology, and soon. We're a large church and somehow seem to fail miserably in that area. Podcasts, anyone?
...I'm really proud of my wife for starting her own business. It's pretty gutsy and all, and she's officially past the usual "failure" time for small businesses. That was never really a danger, though. She's good at what she does.
...my reading pace has slowed to a complete stop as of late, either fatigue or mental tiredness or other responsibilities have jumped into that space.
...same for my half-marathon training, so I'm starting over today. Moved back to Feb. 25 for the Cowtown half.
...the Cowboys won, and our town is in a good mood again.
...Beck's "Odelay" is a really good record.
...the "minichurch" (our church's code word for in-home small groups) Tracy and I met with on Friday night was one of the most encouraging groups to meet with. They were fun and enthusiastic and enjoyable and interesting and growing in Christ.
...our pastor's series on Galatians, with it's emphasis on Law vs. Grace, is something every Christian needs to hear.
...well, gotta go have coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home