Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Clearing Out The Notebook

Lots in my brain, but nothing cohesive. So, here's a sampling:

People are now giving me blog topics when they meet me. I'm not sure if that's flattering or rather like a drug dealer giving away free samples.

The president should've kept his mouth shut about Rafael Palmiero. If news reports are correct, then he was taking a steroid that couldn't have been taken any other way than injection...and that's SERIOUS stuff. Mr. Bush, your advisors are the worst if they're telling you to mention his innocence the day the information came out.

I fail to understand why We The People spend so much money on space exploration. We've been there, done pretty much all that's important, and we're not getting cool new inventions to the public (like Velcro) anymore from the preparation. Here's an idea: Let's get after new forms of energy to make them more efficient with the same intensity and abandon we did during the race to the moon. That way, those people still have jobs, and maybe solar or wind or water or whatever power you want can actually eliminate our need for oil...which seems to be the cause of other political issues.

The guy at Real Live Preacher does blogging the way it should be done. His new page is exactly what I'd like our church to have. Don't get me started.

I'm not very good at carrying my mobile phone. I leave it at work or on the kitchen counter or pretty much anywhere I'm not. Same for my magnetic sunglass overlays that fit my glasses. So, pretty much, I'm walking around squinting and letting my phone take messages for me.

The letters R.S.V.P. at the bottom of an invitation mean something, but society doesn't know what it might be. That's unfortunate, too. I think it's because no one can commit to anything far enough in advance, because of poor planning on society's part.I mean, I have a year-long calendar that I hand out at my big parents' meetings each year...and yet schools and teams and extracurricular stuff my kids do can't give me what they're doing in the next two weeks. Organizations need more organization if you ask me, which would help people make decisions and prioritize their lives...which they don't do, either.

PlayStation2 can suck more time than just about anything else on the planet. And I don't play it much, either, but I can lose an hour and not even realize it until I look at the clock.

I have no idea why dietary discipline and exercise and rest/sleep patterns (which seems so much more important as I approach 40) are so difficult to manage.

I'm beginning to wonder if I read too much and don't write enough "book" stuff (I overwrite blog stuff).

I have no idea why most parents feel stress about their children becoming teenagers. Thus far, in my experience, it's very enjoyable. Granted they're younger teens, but I'm not convinced they all have to rebel and sow wild oats or be stupid most of the time. I wonder if my excitement heading into these years is because I've seen the joys of parents who've done it well over the years and seen how cool their relationship is with their teenagers.

Well, that's about enough of the notebook shaking out for now...better get started doing something productive with my day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home