Friday, December 17, 2004

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...I need to wear shoes when I go out in the mornings these days. I get my morning paper barefoot and the 5 minutes I'm outside waiting on the dog, well, I'm playing "catch-up" all day with foot warmth.
...that I have no idea what to get my mom and her husband for Christmas and time is running out rapidly since I have to UPS it.
...that I'm glad my daughter Kelsey is off her crutches.
...that the host homes for soups & salads for our progressive dinner might want to be prepared as my goofy teenagers keep having last-minute run-on sentences that go like this: "Please let me come to the dinner even though I've had six weeks to sign up I forgot and I want to bring 11 friends and it's ministry so I know you've got to say yes."
...that I hope the mis-print in this week's church bulletin about me preaching twice on Christmas Eve doesn't affect people's holiday planning.
...that it would bother me more if no one attends the services that the bulletin says I'm preaching.
...that the sense of injustice the Auburn football team experienced in not getting to play for the national championship will turn to anger when they hit the practice field and they might just beat Virginia Tech handily.
...that if your office makes rules about gift giving for the holidays, they should be strictly adhered to by everyone as one breach changes every dynamic.
...that I'm missing the NHL more than anyone else in this country.
...that I'm looking forward to next week at work as so much slows down and I I'll have time to think and be somewhat visionary instead of reactionary to the tyranny of the urgent.
...that really, I'm not at all excited about Christmas yet, and my Grinch-heart is still at least four sizes too small.
...that the cure for that might be to watch "It's a Wonderful Life," "A Christmas Story," and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" back to back to back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home