Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Gotta Stay Focused Gotta Stay Focused Gotta Stay Focused Gotta Stay Focused

I hit the office yesterday with much to do...dropped gifts off for my staffers by placing them on their desks before they got in...dropped off gift for my supervisor in his office...got harassed by my "team" for sucking up to the boss every five minutes or so...people pop into our office with baked goods about every 10 minutes or so...supervisor makes the rounds inviting our "team" to lunch...staffers pop in thanking me for their gifts...staffers need me to sign reimbursement forms...receptionists pop in with tokens of esteem...gotta sign the card for senior pastor's gift...write out "to-do" list for this week & add things periodically during the day while not crossing any of them off...go to lunch with "team" and eat too much and stay too long discussing "how we met" stories about our spouses...straight to staff meeting where there's wassail and appetizers...more people dropped more baked goods off...have staffers tell me that "you may want to stay out of the Dungeon (youth room) for a while as there was an incident" but they laughed...try to talk seriously for 10 minutes about a counseling situation that doesn't seem to have any real answers...stopped down for 10 minutes with a funny forward that we all got into for a bit...

...gave up and left the office at 4PM.

I really do have a lot of stuff to do this week. Suffice to say that the week of Christmas is very difficult to have anything that resembles productivity.

I hope today is better or I'm in big trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home