Sunday, August 08, 2004

Dance of the Briggs and Stratton

If you've ever seen the movie "She's Having A Baby" (Kevin Bacon, Elizabeth McGovern) you know the story of a young couple from dating to college to first home to baby.

There's one scene in which Kevin Bacon's character, Jake the newlywed, discusses lawnmower models with his two middle-age guys in his suburb. This is followed by Jake envisioning his neighborhood in a choreographed Broadway-esque dance involving yard work and landscaping tools.

At 10AM yesterday it was about 80 degrees, with a breeze. My neighbor Sam and I discussed the trimming of my weeping willow tree and the lovely August weather we're experiencing. I swear 75% of my neighbors were landscaping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home