Sunday, August 01, 2004

For Sale or Trade

When I had a choice to purchase my first guitar, I went to a local guitar store with guitars hanging from every inch of wall space. Like most people, I was drawn to the wall of electric guitars.

The guy who went with me, a pretty good player, asked me, "Do you want to play guitar or do you want to be a rock star?" He then took me to the acoustic humidor where the really nice acoustic versions were. I was enthralled with the nobility of higher-order strumming.

Well, suffice to say that after learning to play the guitar on this really nice acoustic, I've realized that all the songs I like to play are all electric. I guess I've realized that I'd rather play the music that makes rock stars. And, not to forget, recognized the limits of my talent.

Hence, if you know of anyone in the market for an acoustic Martin DR-28 that has been babied and well-fed, I'll let them have it (complete with hard shell Martin case) for $500. Firm.

I'll also consider a trade for a brand new Fender Jaguar Stratocaster, American made, with an amp that will handle it, and maybe a footpedal or two.

Just using my blog space as an electronic garage sale today...sorry if I offend the purists among my readership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home