Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Chronicles From The Deep South, Volume 5, Final Edition.
 
Went with my Mom to her radiation treatment yesterday.  The doctor, after looking at some x-rays taken previously, decided that she'll need three additional treatments after the current schedule.  I'm guessing this is good since the doctors seem to know what they're after but my mother didn't tell me this information until after I could ask questions to the doctor to see what it meant.  She didn't care that I couldn't ask questions, either. "They're going to do the treatments they need to do so what good are your questions going to be?"  Moms.  Gotta love 'em.

I took a break from my diet to get involved in some serious Milo's Hamburgers.  It's a small chain of hamburger stands that started in Birmingham and now they've grown to 10 stores. It's all about the sauce, fries and sweet tea...making the straying from the diet well worth it.

Last night I cooked out again.  I'm not sure what I'd have done if they didn't have a grill here.  Just give me some sort of meat and a fire and I'm golden.  Give me a stove or a microwave and I envision Rubik's Cube.  Very caveman-like...except I'd have to have a cave-grocery store to buy the meat, and I'd need a cave-fire starter, too.

My mom's friend came over for a visit.  She pointed out that my mom is "very predictable" and "watches a lot of television."  My mom is happy with her life and said, "I watch a lot of TV. So what?  I like it."  And, "Who cares if I'm predictable?  I don't."  Chemo and radiation hasn't fried her spunk, I don't guess.

I missed going to Hurricane Harbor with the middle schoolers at our church.  Over 100 go and it's always a good time.  This makes two years in a row that I didn't get to be a part of it, but when I called Kelsey last night she said they had a blast.  I'm glad for her, but I really would've like to have gone.

Today ends a stretch of 12 of the last 16 days that I spent out of my home.  I have no idea how people who travel for a living do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home