Friday, August 06, 2004

I Wish I Had An Answer

After preparing my Sunday School lessons for this weekend, I really wish that I had a response for parents (and myself) when they asked the question, "Why doesn't my child have an interest in a genuine walk with Christ?"

The more I read the Bible, the more I see that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility on the individual for their own spiritual growth. I mean, Jesus was constantly saying, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." The parable of the soils highlights the message that we are supposed to determine which of the soils we are and act on it. Jesus' Kingdom message of "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" implies that there's a response.

I struggle a bit with the "why's" of why people don't choose the abundant life over a life of lies and deception.

The only answers I have is that they don' t see that life as either lies or deception, or they have a false idea of what that abundant life truly is. Other than that, I'm usually at a loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home