Monday, July 12, 2004

I hiked a former ski resort hill today...

...with my daughter. There were others, but to me, it will be a lifetime memory. 1,000 vertical feet. A 100 foot waterfall. With friends. With my daughter and some of her friends. Nothing else that happens today will mean as much to me, I don't think.


So I have been reading a book in the mountains, too...

From Eugene Peterson: "The puzzle to me is why so many people live so badly. Not so wickedly, but so inanely. Not so cruelly, but so stupidly. There is little to admire and less to imitate in the people who are prominent in our culture...People, aimless and bored, amuse themselves with trivia and trash. Neither the adventure of goodness nor the pursuit of righteousness gets headlines...

...at the same time, we continue to have an unquenchable thirst for wholeness, a hunger for righteousness...The Bilbe makes it clear that every time there is a story of faith, it is completely original. God's creative genius is endless."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home