Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A Reminder

While I truly am flattered by the fact that some of you who read this blog send me items to blog about, and I'm equally flattered that some of you value my opinion, please don't ask me to use this space as a vehicle for pushing an agenda of any kind.

Not that I don't have political thoughts. Not that I don't have certain interpretations of Scripture. Not that I don't have opinions on local civic issues. Not that I don't care about (insert favorite sports team here) and their (great outlook/sorry chances). I do.

It's simply that I don't want this space to become agenda-driven. They're my insights, as skewed and contradictory as they may be, and not intended to be inherently influential.

Now that that's said, since you wanted my opinion:

*I think Bill Cosby is right, but it isn't really my battle.
*I'm thinking of voting Libertarian...again (see next post).
*I'm not really interested in Focus on the Family's legal positionings, largely because their fundraising tactics center on them. We know what you fear, but what are you for? I'm very thankful for their influence and ministry, but turned off by their "Focus on Politics."
*I don't think the Texas Rangers will last the season in the running for the playoffs. The pitching's already falling apart, and we're barely halfway through the baseball season.
*My town's recent election result won't change much, if anything.
*I still maintain that a pre-trib rapture is a legitimate theological position, especially in light of my interpretation of Daniel 9: 25--27. *Yes, I still hold to inerrancy of Scripture as well as infallibility of Scripture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home