Tuesday, July 06, 2004

So, The In-Laws Are In Town...

Tracy's parents made the big drive from Birmingham to Dallas yesterday in about 11.5 hours. In tow were my sister-in-law with neice and nephew.

I enjoy them, so it's not really a big deal to have everybody here in my house. My nephew took off to the park with my girls, and I got to get caught up on my in-laws recent tour of America...retirement sounds pretty cool to hear them tell it.

Then I got to spend some time with my 2-year-old neice who spent the better part of two hours burning off the energy she'd been saving up over 10 hours buckled in a car seat. She couldn't be any cuter, I don't think.

It's nice to have such a diversion in the summer. And the more my extended family is around, the more I see the value in those relationships. I mean, how great is it that my daughters have a great relationship with their grandparents? Cousins?

I grew up in a family that saw each other all the time. Lots of cousins, lots of uncles and aunts, getting semi-spoiled by the grandparents. I think it enhanced my generally happy childhood. I hope visits like these enhance my children's generally happy childhood and my generally happy adulthood.

Of course, we'll see if I'm singing this same tune on Friday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home