Sunday, December 07, 2003

"Rock" ON!. The Ultimate Bling-Bling:

When I met her she was a cheerleader. When I first met him he was dating somebody else. She's now an artist/trend-setter/gifted minister and he's a guy intelligent enough to know how to close the deal with an artist/trend-setter/gifted minister.

My friends Lizzie and Wes got engaged last night...and they zipped by the house to let me share in their excitement.

And, it really was exciting. There was nervous energy and mobile phones ringing and flashing of the engagment ring and interupting-each-other-fast-talking-story-telling and forced usage of the word "fiance" and guesstimates on a wedding date and checking of football scores (hey...priorities are priorities) then they were off to spread hysteria to whoever was next on the needs-to-know list.

But make no mistake: Cupid's Hepped-Up Elves spread their Gospel of Joy into my living room last night.

Maybe I'm a romantic at heart. Maybe I thought back to the night my the coolest and most beautiful girl in the world said "yes" to me. Maybe age is making me oddly sentimental.

Maybe it's simply that I love both of them...and it makes me happy both for them and with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home