Friday, December 05, 2003

A Sad State:

As you can tell from the review below, our church is hosting a variety show in which several artists and taking part.

Our church is our "family's house." We have guests. Maybe it's my Southern upbringing, but when you host guests, you try to make their visit as enjoyable as possible. My staff of interns/friends (notably Katherine, Lindsey, Wes, Nathan and Lizzie) provided as best they could to make them comfortable. It wasn't hard. You simply think through the city they came from, the drive they had, and try to anticipate what needs they might have.

Little things. Access to printers. Fax machine use. Backstage items for singers. Laundry access. Shower access. Copier usage. Dinner plans. Directions to hotels or other areas of interest. Like I said...it isn't all that hard.

And you don't get them all and you have to improvise and find a way to serve.

What gets me is that the artists are wowed by our hospitality. Genuinely wowed...and I generally know when somebody's pumping sunshine.

The reason it worries me is that I cannot imagine why the Christian community these people run into every day goofs up hospitality. Okay we're paying for a service, but that service serves our ministry for cryin' out loud.

I simply don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home