Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Yesterday was one of those days, man...

Every decision was wrong. Every discussion went in directions I didn't want them to go. Every verse of Scripture seemed like trying to shovel sand with hands. Every look was misinterpreted. Every cup of coffee was out of balance. Every teen seemed to make the wrong choice. Every word to my kids was misconstrued. The noises my car made seemed worse than usual. I felt like I was in Bizarro Brent World. I mean, generally speaking, days are good and I'm happy. Yesterday was the stuff bad country songs or great punk music are made of.

I know we all have those days and I know it's just an undertow of life at the moment...so I decided to give up and go to bed.

And I woke up wide-eyed at 4:30AM.

I have no idea what kind of harbinger of the day THAT is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home